Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wow!!! You won't believe how easy and fast it is to cook chicken for your all your dishes and salads that call for cooked chicken breast. I got this tip from my hairstylist, Whitney. I couldn't believe it would work..... but it did!!!
- Trim excess fat from boneless skinless chicken breast and place in large sauce pan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Let water boil for 2-3 minutes and turn off burner.
- Cover with lid for 1 minute and remove cover.
- Let chicken sit in hot water for 20 minutes (with fire OFF).
- After 20 minutes chicken will be done and ready use.
- Allow to cool until chicken can be handled and cut-up as needed for recipe.
- I use this chicken for my chicken spaghetti, chicken enchiladas, poppyseed chicken, and salads. (or any recipe that calls for cooked chicken).
Good basic recipe, but by using bone in chicken breasts, adding some carrots, celery, onion and a 1/2 head of garlic, salt and pepper (and you strain the liquid after it's done cooking) you've got a much more flavorful chicken and stock to add to any recipe.
I have to give this "method" 5 stars b/c it's the method I use as well. However, I do add a few smallish cut pieces of celery and carrots. I also add pepper but not salt. The salt is added when I use the chicken in a recipe. I also salt the resulting broth, and use that in cooking or as a soup with extra wide egg noodles or homemade kluski. The chicken is so tender "cooked" this way, and the soup is just a bonus. Lee