Recipe by Ron & Joyce Ripple Sr.
This is the way I have cooked my turkey for the last 40 years and my Mother and Aunt before me. It turns out just wonderful.
Top Review by Fauna
The Turkey was wonderful!!! My Husband thought I was crazy when he read the note I left him in the morning when he got up to put it in the oven. when I pulled it out of the oven he said it was the prettiest Turkey he had ever seen, But said lets wait to see what it taste like. when he tried it at my parents he loved it and made sure every one know he was the one who cooked it since he was the one who put it in the oven
Directions See How It's Made
- Stuff your turkey as you normally would.
- Open one brown paper bag inside another one.
- Butter the inside of the inside bag real well. Slide the turkey into the brown bags, fold up the end of the bags and staple together.
- Put the turkey (in bag) into the roasting rack (rack being inside of roasting pan).
- Bake at 325 F. for 20 min. per pound.
- THAT IS IT! No basting, no nothing. It turns out very juicy, very brown and just plain great!