Ron & Joyce Ripple Sr.'s Note:
This is the way I have cooked my turkey for the last 40 years and my Mother and Aunt before me. It turns out just wonderful.
My Private Note
- 1Stuff your turkey as you normally would.
- 2Open one brown paper bag inside another one.
- 3Butter the inside of the inside bag real well. Slide the turkey into the brown bags, fold up the end of the bags and staple together.
- 4Put the turkey (in bag) into the roasting rack (rack being inside of roasting pan).
- 5Bake at 325 F. for 20 min. per pound.
- 6THAT IS IT! No basting, no nothing. It turns out very juicy, very brown and just plain great!
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking a Turkey in a Bag
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.4
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 308.7 mg
- Sodium 295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 92.7 g