7 hrs 10 mins
Red Apple Guy's Note:
I met a lady sorting through a bin of hams at the grocery store. I had missed those and she commented they were the best. They were smoked, mostly boneless, butt portions. Well, they were half the price of the sliced one I had in my basket, so I asked her how she cooked it. She wraps the ham in foil and cooks in the crock pot until done. The foil keeps the juices in, she said. So I tried it for Christmas Dinner. Superb.
My Private Note
- 1Score surface of the ham by lightly cutting the surface in a diamond pattern or criss-cross pattern.
- 2Trim the ham if necessary to fit the crock pot.
- 3Wrap in one piece of heavy duty foil.
- 4Place the ham, cut portion down in the crock pot.
- 5Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until the internal temperature of the ham is 140°F
- 6Remove the foil and drain the juices.
- 7Brush with your favorite glaze or a pepper jelly. I like Pineapple Habenero pepper jelly.
- 8Return to crock pot and cook until the internal temperature is 150 to 160°F.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking a Pre-Cooked Ham in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.9
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Sodium 3926.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 52.5 g