Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious tasting cookie, with a wonderful texture, you are sure to love this one! Note: Yield depends on the size that you make the cookie.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subs please!)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup salad oil (not olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and the sugars until fluffy, with a hand mixer.
- Add in the egg and mix well.
- Add in the oil and vanilla; mix well.
- Mix together the oats, corn flakes,coconut (if using) and nuts; with a wooden spoon, add in to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt, add to the mixture, and mix well to combine.
- Drop by tablesoons (or teaspoons) onto an ungreased cookie sheet; flatten with a fork dipped in water.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool.
- **NOTE**if desired, mini chocolate chips may be added.
Frankly I am shocked that such an amazing recipe just sat here unrated for so long! These cookies are so good that a mere 24 hours later I don't have a single one left over. The kids would not stop going back for more and DH who insists that he doesn't like cookies with coconut kept on eating these. I added a full bag of regular chocolate chips and left out the nuts. These are crispy cookies with a bit of an oily residue so if that bothers anyone I would suggest substituting some applesauce for the butter. In a word; delicious!