Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Family Circle. I plan on using Splenda for baking, and sugar free Oreo's. I do not plan to use the frosting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, broken up plus some for frosting (such as oreo's)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 36 indents of mini muffin pans (using 3 pans total) with paper or foil liners. If you have only one or two pans, bake batter in batches.
- In small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- On low speed, alternately beat flour mixture and sour cream into butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Add milk and vanilla; fold in cookie pieces. Divide batter among prepared cups; for ease, place batter in a resealable plastic bag, snip off a corner and pipe into cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, until tops springs back when lightly pressed. Remove cupcakes to a rack; let cool.
- In bowl, beat sugar, butter, sour cream and vanilla until good spreading consistency.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, spread with frosting, about 2 teaspoons for each. Top with cookie crumbs, if desired.