Recipe by HeidiSue
From The Magic of Jell-O cookbook. For a lighter version, use Jell-O Sugar Free Instant Pudding & Pie Filling and Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping. Cook time is min. time to freeze the pie
Top Review by Juenessa
This was so easy to put together and great that I didn't have to bake it! I used French vanilla pudding, part thick and creamy Cool Whip and also part French Vanilla Cool Whip topping. An Oreo cookie crust tied it all together. This is a very light and refreshing dessert. Thanks, Heidi! Our entire family enjoyed this treat! 1/21/07--Heidi, my husband put the leftover pie in the refrigerator instead of the freezer. I got up this morning to have another couple of bites of this pie and liked it even better just cold and not frozen!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 1⁄2 ounces jell-o vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4 serving size)
- 3 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies
- 1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust (6 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour milk into a large bowl; Add pudding mix and beat with wire whisk until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes; Let stand until slightly thickened; Fold whipped topping and chopped cookies into pudding mixture; Spoon into crumb crust.
- Freeze pie until firm, about 6 hours or overnight; Remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving to soften; Store leftover pie in the freezer.