1/2 Photos of Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream
This is very yummy, great for summer! We had a terrible time trying to find a recipe for Cookies and Cream, so here we go. This also makes a very rich vanilla custard ice cream base if you leave out the cookies. Prep time does not include cooling and freezing time.
My Private Note
cups ic ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat half and half until very hot (not boiling), stirring often.
- 2Mix egg yolks and sugar until well blended and slightly thickened, very gradually blend in hot half and half.
- 3Add mixture to a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat until steamy and bubbles form around edge, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- 4Once hot, pour into a large bowl and stir in whipping cream, vanilla, and salt.
- 5Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 6Add to ice cream maker per your manufacturer's instructions, stir in crushed oreos during last stage of freezing.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1770 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.4
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 236.7 mg
- Sodium 198.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g