Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
What could be better than a peach cobbler with sugar cookies?
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 10 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (3 lbs.)
- 6 2⁄3 ounces refrigerated sliceable cookie dough
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream (a must!!)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; stir well.
- Stir in amaretto (if desired), and peach preserves.
- Add sliced peaches and stir gently to coat.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened and bubbly; spoon peach mixture into a lightly greased 11 by 7 by 1 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Roll out cookie dough to a 10 by 17-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle dough with 1 1/2 teaspoons of flour; gently rub flour into dough.
- Repeat procedure on other side of dough; freeze dough 15 minutes.
- Cut 6 (10 by 1/2-inch) strips of dough.
- Cut 8 (6 by 1/2-inch) strips of dough.
- Arrange strips in lattice design over peach mixture in dish.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over cookie dough.
- Bake in a 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cobbler cool 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls and top with ice-cream.
- NOTE: Slice and bake remaining cookie dough according to package directions.
- Serve additional cookies with cobbler and ice-cream, if desired.