Recipe by Beachbunnymom
This is such a delicious cake. Both kids and adults will rave over it. It is easy to make using a packaged cake mix but everyone will think you spent hours making it from scratch.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 -4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 - 9 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix Cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla ext. Mix well w/ electric mixer for 3-5 minutes or until well blended.
- Add and fold crushed oreo cookies in batter.
- Pour batter in prepared pans. Cook for 27-35 minutes or do toothpick test.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Prepare frosting while allowing cake to cool completely. Frost cake only when it has cooled completely.
- FROSTING: Cream shortening and cream cheese. Add 3 cups powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Mix till creamy. Add more powdered sugar if needed to get desired consistency. Stir and fold in crushed oreo cookies.