Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Easy-on-the-cook Sunday supper from Woman's World 12/5/06. For a double-chocolate treat, use a devil's food cake mix instead of yellow.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
These were fantastic! I used a Pillsbury 15.25 oz yellow cake mix and substituted plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream. The recipe made 26 cupcakes using an overflowing 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill the baking cups. There were only 4 left when we went home and my nephew promptly ate two of them. I used Recipe #80118 for the frosting leaving out the almond the recipe calls for an adding the cup of Oreo crumbs as this recipe specified. I garnished them with mini Oreos rather than halving regular ones. I would make these again, and again!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Oreo cookies, about 28 cookies
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vanilla frosting
- 12 Oreo cookies, halved (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- At low speed, beat cake mix, water, eggs, and sour cream until combined.
- At medium speed, beat 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups chopped cookies. Divide batter among liners.
- Bake 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on racks.
- Meanwhile, gently stir remaining chopped cookies into frosting. Spread over cupcakes. If desired, garnish with halved cookies.