Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe on Betty Crocker and I loved it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 (18 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 3 reduced-fat oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) package white frosting mix
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 6 reduced-fat oreo cookies, cut in half
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cake mix and cold water in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minute. Carefully fold crushed cookies into batter.
- Pour into ungreased angel food pan. Gently cut through batter in pan using metal spatula or knife.
- Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle, or rest edges on 2 to 4 cans of equal height. Let stand 2 hours.
- Remove from pan by gently pulling cake away from side of pan, taking care not to tear cake. Turn pan over; press on removable bottom of pan, or shake pan gently to remove cake.
- Beat frosting mix and boiling water in small bowl on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 5 to 7 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake, and garnish with the 6 Oreo cookie halves.