Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups coarsely crushed Oreo cookies, divided
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the lower third of oven; spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened; stir in 1 ½ cups cookie crumbs.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until pick comes out clean or almost clean (do not overbake); transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make the frosting: in a bowl beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium until blended and smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until incorporated and smooth.
- Spread cooled brownies with frosting and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Cut into squares.