Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You won't want to frost these brownies, since the marbled top is too pretty to cover up. Besides, the tasty cream cheese layer makes them taste like they're already frosted. The crushed cookies add extra chocolate flavor and a fun crunch. From TOH
Cream cheese layer
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- For brownie layer, combine butter, sugars and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into the cocoa mixture. Stir in vanilla and cookie crumbs. Pour into a greased 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely.
These brownies are a winner A+ my husband loved them so im sold!!! LOL!!!