Purdy Good Cook's Note:
I have looked everywhere for a good brownie recipe, and I have finally found it. It was on Anna Olsens show "sugar." This is a good brownie if you are craving something sweet. Make lots because they go fast!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 6 chocolate sandwich style cookies, chopped into chunks
- 21. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 degrees C.) and butter and flour a 9-inch (2.5 L) round cake pan, knocking out excess flour.
- 32. In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepot, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Allow to cool while starting next step.
- 43. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until soft. Add sugar and cream until smooth. Beat in vanilla and eggs, adding one at a time until evenly blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and add to chocolate mixture, beating just until batter is combined. Stir in chopped cookie chunks.
- 54. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool.
- 71. To prepare icing, beat cream cheese with butter. Beat in icing sugar until smooth, stir in vanilla and half of the cookies chunks. Alternatively, make the icing in a food processor. Spread over brownies, sprinkle with remaining cookie chunks and chill for an hour before slicing. Slice in triangles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies 'n' Cream Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Sodium 174.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g