Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The amounts listed are for one 1-quart glass jar but of coarse you can make as many jars as you wish, not only are they pretty to look at this recipe makes a great cookie that anyone would be pleased to receive for a gift! For Christmas gift-giving make certain to tie a pretty red or green bow around the neck of the jar along with instructions on how to prepare the cookies, and for something extra special stick a cinnamon stick in the jar along with the ingredients!
Top Review by Ratalouille
Another Kittencal keeper!!! These cookies are delicious! You really need to pack the ingredients well. By the time I got to adding the white sugar, the jar was already FULL to the top. I used wide mouth canning jars, a canning funnel to fill them, and a chop stick to poke the ingredients down so the last layer of sugar would fit. This recipe makes one dozen GIANT cookies or two dozen medium cookies. I would make these again and again, if not in jars to give away, just to make and eat them myself. :)
- 1 glass jar (use a 1-quart glass jar with a tight-fitting lid)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1-quart glass jar with a tight-fitting lid layer the ingredients in the order listed (starting with the white chocolate chips).
- Pack down firmly after each addition.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl cream 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in 1 egg with 2 tablespoons water.
- Add in the entire contents of the jar.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.