1/2 Photos of Cookies from Zimbabwe
Posted for the Zaar World Tour to Africa. I have yet to make these but I there is sweet potato bread, pie, biscuits and cake...why not cookies?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely grated raw sweet potato
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Cream together butter and sugar in bowl. Blend in lemon zest, nutmeg, honey and egg. Fold in sweet potato.
- 2In separate bowl. sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3Add it to the first mixture and blend well.
- 4Arrange cookie dough by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- 6To make glaze, use a wooden spoon to combine all ingredients in glass container until smooth.
- 7Add more water by the drop until glaze is easy to spread on cooled cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies from Zimbabwe
Serving Size: 1 (997 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g