Posted for the Zaar World Tour to Africa. I have yet to make these but I there is sweet potato bread, pie, biscuits and cake...why not cookies?
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely grated raw sweet potato
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cream together butter and sugar in bowl. Blend in lemon zest, nutmeg, honey and egg. Fold in sweet potato.
- In separate bowl. sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add it to the first mixture and blend well.
- Arrange cookie dough by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- To make glaze, use a wooden spoon to combine all ingredients in glass container until smooth.
- Add more water by the drop until glaze is easy to spread on cooled cookies.