Recipe by Sherrybeth
This recipe makes 900 plus 2-inch cookies. I would only suggest using this for a very large crowd or a huge bake sale. I got the recipe from a friend a few years ago and made a couple of changes to suit my family. These can be frozen well.
- 13 lbs flour
- 9 lbs sugar
- 8 teaspoons salt
- 8 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 8 lbs butter
- 16 large eggs
- 16 tablespoons flavoring (I use vanilla, butter & nut by McCormick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a gigantic bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and mix well with hand mixer.
- Cut in butter, by slices, until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add eggs and flavoring and mix well.
- Shape approximately 3-4 cups of dough into a long tube. Cover tube with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, slice dough into rounds approximately 1/4-inch thick and place 2-inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet (or parchment covered cookie sheet).
- Bake at 325°F for 15-18 minutes. Cool.
- In the past, I have added chocolate chips, raisins and nuts to the basic mix for a different type of cookie.