Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Can be made vegan
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Oreo cookies, coursely chopped (you can use Newman O's or Trader Joe's)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line your cupcake pan with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk together the soy milk and vinegar and set it aside to curdle. Add the sugar, oil, and vanilla to the soy mixture and beat until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry mix in two batches to the wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain. Mix in cookie chunks.
- Pour into lined pan, filling each cup 3/4 full and bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make Vegan simply choose a Vegan Oreo style cookie. Note Ingredients vary from country to country. Check your ingredients before using.