Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've heard of the 'Cookies By Design' company, but have never tried their cookies. This is supposed to be a copy-cat of their sugar shortbread cookie.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip sugar and shortening in a large bowl, add eggs and beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Knead dough into ball, roll out and cut. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
I work at a Cookies By Design and can say this is definitely not the recipe, unfortunately I can't give it out either. But definitely a good try.
yummy cookies, i love this recipe me and my smurf friends loved it.
This recipe tastes nothing like the Cookies by Design cookies! These are much lighter, spread out a lot and are not even close to the same taste. I was looking for a recipe close to the Cookies by Design recipe and this is not it! With that being said, it's not an awful recipe. It's just not what I was looking for.