Recipe by Celeste :)
I've heard of the 'Cookies By Design' company, but have never tried their cookies. This recipe is supposed to be like theirs.
Top Review by Krisgo
I would rate this a zero if I could. I followed the recipe to the T, the dough ended up extremely sticky, almost unworkable. The only way to pick the dough up was to completely cover you hands in flour and even then it was falling apart and sticking to my hands. I needed a bunch more flour into the gooey mess and was finally able to press out a few cookies that turned out very much like a shortbread, not at all like what Ive tasted at cookies by design. I was able to salvage the leftover dough and just roll them into a ball with lots of flour and press them onto a greased cookie sheet without the sticks and then pour on chocolate frosting. they will be a little treat for my kids. Not at all what i was wanting for my daughters birthday party in a few days. So I would suggest to anyone looking at this recipe to look elsewear OR add more flour untill its a more dough like consistancy if you want a shortbread cookie.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon extract, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- wooden popsicle sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place melted butter in a large mixing bowl and add each remaining ingredient as listed, beating well after each addition to achieve a smooth dough. Let dough stand uncovered 10 minutes.
- Make golf-ball-sized shapes of the dough and insert a flat, wooden popsicle stick (purchased wherever craft supplies are sold) into one side of each ball. Carefully flatten each ball of dough to a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Place 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400°F for 6-8 minutes or til just browned around the edges, but still white on tops of cookies.
- Remove from the oven and smear the top of each cookie generously with heated, canned, ready-to-spread frosting (flavor of your choice). Frostings may be tinted with few drops food coloring once it has been heated. Let cookies cool on baking sheet 10 minutes before carefully removing to paper towels.