Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy and pretty recipe that is a crowd pleaser! Great for a party. Kids love it too! From the Reynolds folks!
- 12 foil liners
- 21 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- heavy duty aluminum foil (Reynolds of course)
- Place foil baking cups in a muffin pan; set aside.
- Crush 15 cookies (with filling) using a food processor or blender; reserve remaining 6 cookies for topping. Combine cookie crumbs with melted margarine. Press one rounded tablespoon crumb mixture into bottom of each foil baking cup.
- Combine marshmallow creme, peppermint extract, milk and food coloring in a large bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture evenly into each baking cup. Freeze until serving time. For freezer storage, cover with foil.
- Cut or break each remaining cookie in half and place one cookie half into each dessert to decorate.
Yum! We love chocolate and mint, and this was no exception! Instead of in individual cups, I made a 9 inch pan of it. The filling is light and not too heavy. I used reduced fat Oreos and light whipped topping. Thanks, Sharon!!
Sharon, wonderful is the only way to describe these, they are wonderful. I can see these being constantly in my freezer as chocolate and peppermint are my 2 all time favorite flavors. I only made 1/2 the recipe only because the kids had devored most of the oreos, but after tasting these I immediately went and got oreos and made 12 more. They are lighter than icecream and really more refreshing and for me the size is perfect for a small snack. Just a word to the wise here, those foil cups when frozen are dangerous. I thought I didnt want to miss a drop and like a fool went to lick the inside of the foil. dumb move cause it cut my tongue and inside lip! But it didnt stop me from enjoying these. If I never review another recipe I can die a happy woman with these in my freezer....Thanks Sharon, this has got to be on my all time favorites list.