Recipe by dale!
A very yummy and decadent cheesecake and chocolate type slice with cookie pieces throughout. Very rich so serve in small squares. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 (8 ounce) packetplain chocolate cookies, crushed
- 175 g unsalted butter, melted
- 75 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 25 g butter
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (12 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped
- 100 g white chocolate, melted
- 150 g cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm baking tin (lamington pan).
- Line the base and 2 long sides with a sheet of baking paper.
- Extend paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Process cookies until finely crushed and add the butter.
- Mix to combine.
- Press mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan and refrigerate.
- To make the filling, sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug and stand it in a pan of simmering water until gelatine has dissolved.
- Stir to help combine it and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese, essence and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the gelatine.
- Fold in the whipped cream, cooled melted white chocolate and chopped cookies.
- Spread the filling over the base in pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours until firm.
- This is best if made the day before serving.
- To serve the slice, cut into small squares.
- Melt the remaining dark chocolate and butter by placing them in a small heatproof jug and standing them over a pan of simmering water OR you can melt them very carefully in the microwave on medium heat, stirring regularly until melted and combined.
- Drizzle or pipe the chocolate over the squares in a squiggly pattern and refrigerate squares until chocolate has set.
- This slice should be stored, covered, in the fridge.