A very yummy and decadent cheesecake and chocolate type slice with cookie pieces throughout. Very rich so serve in small squares. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) packet plain chocolate cookies, crushed
- 175 g unsalted butter, melted
- 75 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 25 g butter
- 1Grease a 20cm x 30cm baking tin (lamington pan).
- 2Line the base and 2 long sides with a sheet of baking paper.
- 3Extend paper 5cm above pan edges.
- 4Process cookies until finely crushed and add the butter.
- 5Mix to combine.
- 6Press mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan and refrigerate.
- 7To make the filling, sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug and stand it in a pan of simmering water until gelatine has dissolved.
- 8Stir to help combine it and allow to cool slightly.
- 9Beat the cream cheese, essence and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- 10Beat in the gelatine.
- 11Fold in the whipped cream, cooled melted white chocolate and chopped cookies.
- 12Spread the filling over the base in pan.
- 13Cover and refrigerate for several hours until firm.
- 14This is best if made the day before serving.
- 15To serve the slice, cut into small squares.
- 16Melt the remaining dark chocolate and butter by placing them in a small heatproof jug and standing them over a pan of simmering water OR you can melt them very carefully in the microwave on medium heat, stirring regularly until melted and combined.
- 17Drizzle or pipe the chocolate over the squares in a squiggly pattern and refrigerate squares until chocolate has set.
- 18This slice should be stored, covered, in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies and Cream Slice
Serving Size: 1 (2600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.6
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 143.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g