Recipe by 1PugMom2
From Land of Lakes.
Top Review by TasteTester
These were a real hit in our house. The scone dough was just delicious and not overly sweet, with a nice, chewy texture. Of course, everyone loved the chopped Oreos and they were a treat all throughout the scones. DH and my son love 10x glaze, so I doubled the amount on the scones for them. This is a terrific recipe and really enjoyed by all!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 8 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons fat-free half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; mix well. Cut in 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in half of chopped cookies.
- Combine whipping cream, eggs and vanilla in small bowl; beat with wire whisk until well mixed. Stir whipping cream mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8 or 10 times until smooth.
- Pat into 8-inch square on lightly greased baking sheet. Press remaining chopped cookies onto top of dough. Score into 9 equal squares. Score squares diagonally to form 18 small triangles.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until scones are lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. Cut along score lines to separate.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar, melted butter and half & half in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm scones. Serve immediately.