Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love making pies with pudding. This is another easy,yummy one.
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup cookie, crushed
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Pour half&half into lg bowl.
- Add pie filling;mix.
- Beat with whisk until well blended (1min.).
- Let stand 5minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping and cookies.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Freeze until firm (6hrs. or overnight).
- Remove from freezer and let stand 10 munutes to soften before serving.
- Store in freezer.
I have not tried this recipe. I have a copy of this recipe I got from a cookbook years ago. My copy is slightly different the cool whip in my copy calls for 3 1/2 cups. It also says to use a chocolate crumb crust in place of the graham cracker crust. The rest of the ingredients is the same. Included with this recipe was a recipe to make a Rocky Road Pie. Directions: Prepare cookies & cream pie as directed but substituting chocolate or chocolate fudge flavored instant puddding for the vanilla pudding. Substituting 1/3 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and chopped nuts for the crushed chocolate sandwich cookies. Also substituting a graham cracker crumb crust for the chocolate crumb crust. This sounds so very yummy. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)