Recipe by Anka
A bit on the sweet side, this dish could be served as dessert, snack or breakfast. Great for kids, it's low in fat and healthy. If you have time, cook it the traditional way, if not, instant cream of wheat will do.
- 3⁄4 cup cream of wheat
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 2⁄3 cups nonfat milk
- 8 petit beurre biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries (or any other berry)
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk, splenda and farina in a medium pot.
- Cook according to directions on package (or alternately over low heat, until cereal absorbs milk and thickens).
- Let the cereal cool.
- Break up the cookies and stir into the cereal.
- Add fruit, reserving some for decoration and place in the refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with mint leaves and reserved berries.
- * You can also sweeten the cereal with honey. Serve it with some fresh fruit, some whipped topping or pour a bit of fat free half and half on top for an even creamier farina.