Don't be fooled by the ease of this recipe, it is an absolute killer dessert and one that you will make over and over! If you want a higher dessert then use 4 quarts ice cream. Recipe can be reduced to fit an 8 x 8-inch pan or pie plate, see *note* on bottom. Prep time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a 13 x 9-inch freezer-safe glass dish.
- 2Finely grind the cookies with the melted butter until moist clumps form.
- 3Press the mixture into prepared dish and freeze for 40 minutes (or longer).
- 4Spoon the softened ice cream over the crust; freeze for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- 5In a small heavy saucepan combine cream and corn syrup; bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly; remove from heat.
- 6Add in chocolate and peppermint extract mix or whisk until melted and smooth.
- 7Cool the mixture to lukewarm whisking occasionally (about 20 minutes).
- 8Spoon the mixture over frozen ice cream covering completely.
- 9Place back in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 3 days covered tightly with foil.
- 10Sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- 11*NOTE* this recipe can also be made in an 8 x 8-inch pan or a deep dish 8 or 9-inch pie plate.
- 12For the crust use 22 Oreo cookies with 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 - 1 quart ice cream.
- 13For the topping, use 1/3 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup, 4 ounces chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- 14Prepare using the same method.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.1
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 313.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cookies & cream ice cream