Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Don't be fooled by the ease of this recipe, it is an absolute killer dessert and one that you will make over and over! If you want a higher dessert then use 4 quarts ice cream. Recipe can be reduced to fit an 8 x 8-inch pan or pie plate, see *note* on bottom. Prep time is chilling time.
- 44 chocolate Oreo cookies, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 -4 quarts cookies & cream ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch freezer-safe glass dish.
- Finely grind the cookies with the melted butter until moist clumps form.
- Press the mixture into prepared dish and freeze for 40 minutes (or longer).
- Spoon the softened ice cream over the crust; freeze for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- In a small heavy saucepan combine cream and corn syrup; bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly; remove from heat.
- Add in chocolate and peppermint extract mix or whisk until melted and smooth.
- Cool the mixture to lukewarm whisking occasionally (about 20 minutes).
- Spoon the mixture over frozen ice cream covering completely.
- Place back in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 3 days covered tightly with foil.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- *NOTE* this recipe can also be made in an 8 x 8-inch pan or a deep dish 8 or 9-inch pie plate.
- For the crust use 22 Oreo cookies with 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 - 1 quart ice cream.
- For the topping, use 1/3 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup, 4 ounces chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Prepare using the same method.