Recipe by Pale Rose
No ice cream maker required! My friend Angela taught me how to make this recipe. It's so easy, it's hard to believe that 5 ingredients will give you a deliciously creamy ice cream! No need to buy it from the store anymore! For best results when whipping the cream, remember to use a cold bowl and cold beaters!
Top Review by Noo
Pale Rose...you are officially my new best friend..especially as my former best pals (Ben and Jerry) don't seem to be available over here...and I miss them terribly.
This ice cream really is amazing...like Deantini, we couldn't wait for it to freeze, so we were also scraping some of the almost frozen ice cream from the edges...you just can't help it.
It's smooth, creamy but not overly sweet, and the oreos work a treat in it.
The kids ( four and six) absolutely loved it, and actually licked the bowls clean, whilst discussing what else we could put into the mixture.
DH also gave it the big thumbs up...so I would say that this was a HUGE hit. I would even go as far as to say that it's the best ice cream I've had, since my last tub of Ben and Jerry's. Not only that, it was an absolute cinch to make...a real no effort, maximum enjoyment recipe!
This is a real gem of a recipe, and I'm so delighted that you shared it...THANK YOU!!!
Made for PRMR.
- 473.18 ml heavy whipping cream
- 236.59 ml Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed (about 2 rows of a standard package)
- 3 egg yolks
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 19.71 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl, then fold crushed Oreos into the cream.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl, then fold in the whipped cream and Oreos.
- Pour into a 12-cup container (or divide among smaller containers). Freeze overnight or until firm.