Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe doesn't require an ice cream maker and is quick to throw together. It tastes so yummy! I love raspberries and have substituted them for the crushed oreos with great results. So, feel free to substitute any cookie, candybar, or fruit. Get creative. To cut back on fat and calories a little, use fat free sweetened condensed milk.
- 15 Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- In a large glass or metal bowl, beat cold whipping cream until peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Combine egg yolks, sweetened condesned milk, and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Fold into whipping cream along with crushed oreos.
- Cover and freeze at least 5 hours.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional oreos if desired.
I've made it for my nephew's birthday for the first tme and he loved it. I've made it with mint Oreo cookies and it tastes better than regular Oreos.
Made exact and it was excellent !! We used our kitchen aid mixer/ice cream maker
Thanks for a scrumptious recipe! My husband in particular loved this ice cream! This will be one I will make regularly but I might cut down on the sugar just a tad. Thanks again!