1/2 Photos of Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
If you like Oreo Cookies you are going to love this! Making a cooked custard first makes this a quality, smooth and creamy ice cream. This recipe makes about 3 1/2 - 4 quarts of ice cream. I hope you will enjoy this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, flour (1/2 cup + 2 TBS) and salt in a saucepan.
- 2Gradually stir in milk.
- 3Cook over medium heat approximately 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 4Gradually stir in 1 cup hot mixture into the beaten eggs.
- 5Add egg mixture to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- 6Cook 1 minute; remove from heat.
- 7Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 8Combine whipping cream, half and half and vanilla in large bowl; add chilled mixture, stirring with wire whisk to combine.
- 9Add crumbled cookies before freezing.
- 10Freeze as directed using your ice cream maker manufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 119.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g