Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°; place 18 baking cups in muffin pans.
- Combine all the cupcake ingredients, except the cookies, in a big bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2-3 minutes; stir in the cookies.
- Spoon batter into cups; bake for 20 minutes; remove pans from oven and cool for 5 minutes; then remove cupcakes and cool on wire rack.
- Make the frosting: beat powdered sugar, butter, and salt using an electric mixer; spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the chopped cookies on top.