MN Chef Wannabe's Note:
This recipe just came to me browsing the new Jello pudding flavors in the store. I don't care for cake frostings and this was a wonderful alternative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces chocolate cake mix (I recommend Betty Crocker Super Moist)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 1/2 ounces chocolate pudding mix
- 6 ounces Jell-O Oreo instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Prepare a 13x9 cake pan by greasing the bottom (and the sides if using margarine).
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees if using a glass or shiny pan. 325 degrees if using non-stick or dark pans.
- 3In a large bowl, mix cake mix, box of chocolate pudding, water, eggs and oil.
- 4Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes.
- 7In the meantime --
- 8Mix large box of cookies and cream pudding with one cup of milk. (pudding will be more stiff than normal.)
- 9Whip in with wire wisk a half (approximately 4 oz) of the thawed whipped topping until smooth. Refrigerate.
- 10In the microwave, heat butter and 1/4 cup of milk until butter is completely melted.
- 11Wisk in 8 oz of chocolate chips to melted butter and milk. (use as much chocolate chips until you reach a smooth consitancy.)
- 12Add in the remaining 4 oz of whipped topping to the chocolate chip mixture and wisk until smooth. Refrigerate.
- 13Remove cake from oven, check for doneness.
- 14Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes.
- 15Spread chocolate/cool whip mixture on cooled cake.
- 16Spread cookies and cream pudding frosting on top of the chocolate mixture.
- 17Refrigerate remaining cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.7
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 300.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Jell-O Oreo instant pudding & pie filling mix