Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe just came to me browsing the new Jello pudding flavors in the store. I don't care for cake frostings and this was a wonderful alternative.
- 18 ounces chocolate cake mix (I recommend Betty Crocker Super Moist)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 ounces chocolate pudding mix
- 6 ounces Jell-O Oreo instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare a 13x9 cake pan by greasing the bottom (and the sides if using margarine).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees if using a glass or shiny pan. 325 degrees if using non-stick or dark pans.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, box of chocolate pudding, water, eggs and oil.
- Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- In the meantime --
- Mix large box of cookies and cream pudding with one cup of milk. (pudding will be more stiff than normal.)
- Whip in with wire wisk a half (approximately 4 oz) of the thawed whipped topping until smooth. Refrigerate.
- In the microwave, heat butter and 1/4 cup of milk until butter is completely melted.
- Wisk in 8 oz of chocolate chips to melted butter and milk. (use as much chocolate chips until you reach a smooth consitancy.)
- Add in the remaining 4 oz of whipped topping to the chocolate chip mixture and wisk until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Remove cake from oven, check for doneness.
- Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread chocolate/cool whip mixture on cooled cake.
- Spread cookies and cream pudding frosting on top of the chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate remaining cake.