Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Unlike any other brownie recipe I have ever seen. From www.browneyedbaker.com
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 Oreo cookies, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sir together butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add eggs and beat well with a spon.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a separate small bowl.
- Gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Stir together cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar with a spoon until smooth and well blended.
- Gently stir in the chopped Oreos.
- Spoon the cream cheese Orea mixture in nine evenly-spaced dollops on top of the brownie batter.
- Using a dull knife or icing spatula, gently swirl the cream cheese mixture with the brownie batter. Remember, less is more here.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and the batter in the center of the pan feels just set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.