Recipe by Foodie61
One word - YUM! I found this on another cooking website, but wanted to post it here so I wouldn't lose it.
- 1 lb Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Line 9 x 13 pan with foil, leaving a 2 inch overhang on two sides.
- Make the crust: Place 28 Oreos in a food processor and process until finely ground. Pour into a large bowl, add the melted butter and stir with a flexible spatula until all crumbs are moistened. Place the cookie crumb mixture in the lined pan and press firmly and evenly into the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack (leave the oven on) while you make the filling.
- Snap the rest of the Oreos in half, put them in the food processor and pulse a few times, just until the cookies are roughly chopped.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, on medium speed,mix the cram cheese and sugar until well blended, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sided and bottom ofthe bowl and beat again until uniform.
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt. Scrape down the bowl andmix again.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. After beating in the last egg, scrape down the bowl and beat one more time to make sure the mixture is fully combined.
- Stir in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the baked cookie crust, smooth out the top and bak for 40 minutes, until the filing is set aroundt he edges but still slightly wobbly inthe center when you gently shake the pan.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- When cool, cover it with foil and refrigerate until wellc hilled, at least 3 hours.
- To cut, use the foil overhang to lift the cheesecake out of the pan and place on a large cutting board. Use a sharp chef's knofe to cut the cheesecake into bars, rinsing off the knife in hot water and wiping it dry between each cut.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.