Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Let's see...how is this one different from the rest? It's not, except for the chocolate drizzle. ;-)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup coarsely crushed chocolate sandwich style cookies, with white filling (Oreo)
Creamy White Frosting
- 1 cup shortening (or sub1/2 cup shortening plus 1/2 cup butter)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate (I prefer milk chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans or see recipe #452719 for no-fail cake pan liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using the water, oil and egg whites. Fold in crushed cookies.
- Pour into prepared cake pans. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pans on wire racks. Remove from pans and cool cake layers. Fill and frost cake layers with Creamy White Frosting and drizzle edges with Chocolate Drizzle and garnish with additional sandwich cookies.
- Chocolate Drizzle: In heavy saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening over very low heat. Drizzle melted chocolate around top edge of cake.
- To prepare Creamy White Frosting: In large bowl, combine shortening, vanilla and pinch of salt. Beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 2-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons milk. Slowly beat in 2 additional cups sifted powdered sugar. Beat in enough additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is easy to spread.