Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this for my SD's birthday. A huge hit. Oreos=Love!!
Make and share this Cookies and Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 524.46 g box white cake mix
- 295.73 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 236.59 ml coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (about 8)
- 946.36-1064.65 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 59.14 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites.
- Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the crushed cookies.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost cake.
I made this cake for my DD's birthday and it was a huge hit. I crumbled additional cookies for between the cake layers. The frosting was a little bit to sweet though. Next time I may try using less powdered sugar. Thanks for a great cake.
NurseDi, this was a delicious cake. I ate two pieces right after dinner. DH didn't even wait for dinner, he ate his dessert FIRST! Yum! The Oreos throughout the cake made for very appealing presentation. The only change I'd make the next time would be to reduce the powdered sugar in the icing. Thank you!
Made two of these cakes for a work birthday event, two because I knew the whole office would stop by my unit for a slice or two [which they did]. I only had one white cake mix, so I used a chocolate mix for the second one as well as a combination of chocolate and white frosting to further the oreo theme. All that remained at the end of the day were the two platters I had carried the cakes in on, signifying the total success of this recipe. Thanks Nurse Di!!!