Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Made this for my SD's birthday. A huge hit. Oreos=Love!!
Top Review by Shari2
I made this cake for my DD's birthday and it was a huge hit. I crumbled additional cookies for between the cake layers. The frosting was a little bit to sweet though. Next time I may try using less powdered sugar. Thanks for a great cake.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (about 8)
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites.
- Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the crushed cookies.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost cake.