Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; set aside. For brownie layer, combine butter, sugars and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; stir into the cocoa mixture. Stir in vanilla and cookie crumbs.
- Pour into a greased 11x7x2" baking pan.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter; cut through batter with knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely.
These are a nice brownie, dense and cake-like. I prefer my brownies fudgy, so I probably won't make these too often. The Oreos add a nice variation, so if you do like cake like brownies, you will enjoy these!