Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
These are so easy to make and so easy to eat! Cookies and Cream in truffle form. Divine!
- 1 lb chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract, using different extracts allows for subtle flavour changes...I've used mint extract, upped to 1 teas
- 1 lb milk chocolate
- 1⁄2 lb white chocolate
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder. With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In separate double-boiler, melt white chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool.
- Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.
- NOTE: When I am exceedingly lazy (most often the case these days), I forego the chocolate "dip" and merely roll my truffles in various mixtures - chopped nuts, chocolate sprinles, vari-colored candy sprinkles, cocoa powder, chocolate shavings, colored sugars-still pretty-less work.