Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just one more variation of the quintessential brownie! This one's from Kraft. My kids loved helping me make these - especially the cookie crushing part! Feel free to use 1/2 cup carob or chocolate chips instead of squares, or try 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tbsps butter (if your house is like mine, and all chocolate chips get eaten before you can bake!)
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares (1 oz each)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups cookies (any kind)
- 1 cup nuts (your favorite, or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9 inch baking pan with foil.
- Melt butter and chocolate.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla.
- Mix in flour until well blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of any kind of crushed cookies, and 1 cup of nuts or raisins.
- Pour into pan. Sprinkle with second cup of cookies.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
- (Even better the next morning!).
Oh, my! These are quite tasty! I used an entire 8.5 oz package of chocolate covered wafers. DS picked raisins over nuts and they taste fine, not too obvious. I do find that this sticks a bit to the foil.