Recipe by Baby Kato
Do you like macadamia nuts, coffee and chocolate...you will love these cookies. This recipe makes big, soft chewy cookies, that harden a little as they cool.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
These cookies turned out absolutely outstanding!!! I think, due to my changes, they didn't quite turn out like intended, but smell, texture and flavour are 10 stars for my tastebuds! First of all I used gluten free flour, which shouldn't have affected the texture too much. But then I realised that I was run out of margarine, so I had to use shortening instead of butter. That, I suppose, made most of the difference. I melted the shortening and mixed in the chocolate, which was very dark chocolate, then slowly poured and whisked the mix into the eggs which I had beaten with the sugar / rice syrup I used. After adding the flour, I had a fudgy glop. Heavenly smell and good to work with, but very funny texture! Then I first panicked because the cookies refused to spread, so I flattened them while baking... All in all a very hilarious performance with an outstanding result :lol: Thanks a ton for posting this, I'll for sure make these cookies again!!! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour or 1 1⁄2 cups wheat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine, flour, soda and salt in small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine for 4 minutes butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending well.
- Next add vanilla extract and the espresso coffee.
- Add the flour mixture slowly, 1/3 at a time, until well blended.
- Blend in the chocolate and fold in the nuts.
- Drop 2 tbsp batter onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Allow room for spreading.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.