1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a lovely ending to any meal, a twist from your regular apple pie...what a treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (rolled into a 15-inch round circle)
- 5 golden delicious apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup dried currant
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- heavy cream or beaten egg, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut in small bits
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2On a lightly floured baking sheet, roll out pastry into a 15-inch round circle.
- 3In a bowl, toss together the apples, 3 tbsp sugar, the currants, 1 tbsp flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and the peel.
- 4Pile the mixture in a 9-inch mound, in the middle of the pastry shell.
- 5Fold the edges neatly over filling, (do not fold to the middle, leave space in the center to add more ingredients).
- 6Brush the pastry edges with cream or egg.
- 7Bake on a cookie sheet for 25 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix 2 tbsp EACH of sugar and flour, the remaining cinnamon with the butter, until crumbly; set aside.
- 9Whisk in the remaining sugar, the sour cream, egg yolks and vanilla.
- 10Remove pie from oven.
- 11Pour the mixture over apples.
- 12Top with reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- 13Reduce oven to 350.
- 14Bake the pie for another 35-40 minutes, or until crust is brown.
- 15Pour over the apples.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookie-sheet Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g