Recipe by jenlyn33922
A low-fat, low-cal version of the traditional butter cookie. I like the vanilla, but my children love the peppermint extract instead.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Smart Balance butter spread
- 1 cup artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend Smart Balance, Splenda and Egg Beaters until creamy.
- Gradually add flour and salt.
- Gently blend in vanilla.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes to one hour.
- Put dough in cookie press and press out cookies onto cookie sheet.
- You can use other flavored extracts, lemon and almond are very good. At Christmas I use sprinkles and colored sugar to decorate.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes.