Recipe by CobaltBlueMixer
Rich, buttery and made with lots of vanilla, these cookies are simple to make. Use a cookie press to press the cookies directly onto the baking sheet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- colored sanding sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill a cookie press with the dough, and turn out cookies 1 to 2 inches apart onto an unbuttered baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with colored sanding sugars.
- Bake until the cookies are lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. To ensure even baking, rotate sheet halfway through the baking process. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.