Recipe by LainieBug
NOTE: Recipezaar does not recognize the ingredient of M&M's Miniature Baking Bits, but you will need these to decorate the pops. From Simple & Delicious magazine, kids will have a blast helping to make these fun chocolate-covered treats. "Cooking time" is actually time in the freezer.
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 20 vanilla wafers
- 10 wooden popsicle sticks
- 4 ounces milk chocolate confectionary coating, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread peanut butter over the flat side of 10 vanilla wafers (about 1 teaspoon on each). Top each with a popsicle stick and another vanilla wafer. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 7 minutes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip cookie pops into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Return pops to baking sheet.
- Decorate with M&M's Miniature Baking Bits.
- Freeze for 5 to 6 miniutes or until chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.