Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
This is a great dessert and always receives rave reviews. It is so easy to make, even a child can do it! Adapted from Elegant Dining.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Heath candy bar (or use your favorite candy bar)
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 12 - 14 inch pizza pan.
- Combine flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine butter and sugars, mix together.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and add the flour mix. Stir in one-half of the chocolate chip package; spread on the pan.
- Do not spread to the edges, leave a one inch space as the cookie will spread to the edge as it bakes.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately add the rest of the chocolate chips from the package on top of the baked pizza.
- Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter on top; let it rest for 5 minutes or until shiny and soft; smooth out the melted chocolate and peanut butter and add the chopped candy pieces on top.
Easy and had fabulous results. I made this for a friend's birthday and put M&Ms in the batter instead of choc chips. Baked as directed, did the choc. chips and pb on top, then decorated with the remaining m&ms. Smelled and looked great, she loved it. Nearby pizza joint gave me a box for free, so I had something the right size to deliver it in.