From the Krusteaz website. I haven't tried them yet, but they sound like something my preschooler would enjoy! I think they'd also be a good dessert for after "breakfast for dinner" meals.
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix (calls for Krusteaz brand)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
For Snickerdoodle Cookie Pancakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- additional butter
- cinnamon sugar
For Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Combine pancake mix, brown sugar, chocolate chips (or cinnamon or oats and cinnamon, depending on variety) and salt.
- Add milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Whisk together until blended; do not over mix (should still have a few lumps).
- For each pancake, pour 2 tablespoons batter onto lightly greased hot griddle over medium heat (375* F on an electric griddle).
- Cook 1 1/2 minutes per side, turning only once.
- Garnish Snickerdoodle Cookie Pancakes with additional butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Garnish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes with whipped cream and additional mini chocolate chips or as desired.
- Garnish Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes with jam or as desired.