From the Krusteaz website. I haven't tried them yet, but they sound like something my preschooler would enjoy! I think they'd also be a good dessert for after "breakfast for dinner" meals.
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix (calls for Krusteaz brand)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
For Snickerdoodle Cookie Pancakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- additional butter
- cinnamon sugar
For Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Combine pancake mix, brown sugar, chocolate chips (or cinnamon or oats and cinnamon, depending on variety) and salt.
- Add milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Whisk together until blended; do not over mix (should still have a few lumps).
- For each pancake, pour 2 tablespoons batter onto lightly greased hot griddle over medium heat (375* F on an electric griddle).
- Cook 1 1/2 minutes per side, turning only once.
- Garnish Snickerdoodle Cookie Pancakes with additional butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Garnish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes with whipped cream and additional mini chocolate chips or as desired.
- Garnish Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes with jam or as desired.
Very tasty(snickerdoodle version)! DH and I loved these this Sunday morning....very easy to stir together in a hurry, ingredients are always on hand and nice rich, butter taste to them. I added 1 tsp baking powder because my Bisquick has been in the fridge for quite a while and I wanted to make sure they rose okay and we topped with butter, Penzey's Cinnamon Sugar and some syrup. The addition of the brown sugar made them nice and sweet...halved the batch and got 3 regular sized pancakes and 2 silver dollars. Will definitely make again!
THESE ARE FANTASTIC !! I went via the snickerdoodle way, it was funny how we fought over the last two pancakes. This is a definate do again recipe. Will try the chocolate chip soon Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Wow. These are good. Never got to make a stack because I kept eating them as soon as they hit the plate! I was telling my husband (who does not do breakfast, even if it IS 4 in the afternoon, lol) these snickerdoodle pancakes remind me of a cross between pancakes and cinnamon sugar French toast. I am really glad I tried them! (Reviewed for Every Day is a Holiday, December 2008).