Recipe by Abby Girl
An oatmeal cookie with all the works! Another recipe from the Best of Bridge series
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add oats, cornflakes, coconut and nuts. Stir well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet and flatten with a fork dipped in water.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until done.
- Options: chocolate chips can be added instead of the walnuts. Dried fruit (eg. dried cranberries or blueberries) can be substituted for the coconut.