Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fat free delicious little...ummm...errr...Cookie Muffins! These were a big hit with the two fourteen year olds in the house, as well as with me. And they're FAT FREE and low on the sugar! (This is my adaptation of a recipe out of "The Super So Fat Low Fat No Fat Cookbook")
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 egg white
- Preheat oven, 375.
- In SMALL bowl combine flour and baking soda, mix.
- Set aside.
- In the medium bowl beat sugar, yogurt, and vanilla till mixed.
- Add egg and mix again.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well blended and sticky.
- Place sticky little rolls on cookie sheet (mine was ungreased, but greased would probably work better) and sift sugar and cinnamon over top.
- Leave in for about 5 minutes and then CHECK.
- Check often until the little peaky tops (which most of them will have) are slightly browned.
- They are wonderful straight out of the oven, I don't know how they are after a while, cause we ate them-- hehehe.
One thing I forgot...to make these truly fat free use nonfat plain yogurt...or (I haven't tried this yet) to add a zip I guess you could use a fruit sweetened nonfat yogurt...?
This is the most amazing and delightful little baked good EVER! I love to use flavored yogurt, especially strawberry banana or black cherry to give it a different flavor. I always use 2 egg whites, I feel like the batter is a little too thick with just one. I am serious when I say anybody you feed this to will love you forever...especially if you put butter and drizzle honey on it....mmmmm.... :)
Overall, these were pretty good. I made they for my family and they gobbled them up! The only problem is that after they cool, the get hard and sort of chewy. Other than that, they were great!