Recipe by Kim1
A wonderful Jar cookie mix
Top Review by Deantini
This cookie mix is great and easy to prepare. I look forward to having the mix around for start of school to make some home baked goodies for the kids on a whim. I added a bit of chopped chocolate to the first cookie batch. The instructions are lacking how big to make the cookies and I was surprised how much they actually flattened out. I would suggest no more than an inch of dough per cookie. I made mine too big and got 2 dozen per 2 cup mix ie 80 calories per cookie including 1/4 cup of chopped chocolate.
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Store in airtight container in a cool place up to 6 months.
- This makes about 10 cups.
- When I want to make cookies, I take about 2 cups of the mix, the eggs and the vanilla and mix.
- If you want you can also add 1/2 cup of peanut butter to the cookies at time of baking.
- I enjoy this recipe with choc chips, mini M and M's, also most anything you can think of.
- Bake them at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.